Is it better value to feed peas or silage? What's the cents per mj/me of oats?
If you are considering offering supplements over a dry summer period and want to know what will give you the best value for money, visit deernz.org/deerapp and use the new Feed Cost Comparer. The app is pre-loaded with a range of feeds and standard nutrition values. Simply enter a cost per tonne, or adjust the figures if you already know them, and compare the value of different feed options.
The Feed Cost Comparer App can be downloaded onto a phone to be used offline - NEW LINK TO OPEN THE APP COMING SOON
IPHONE AND IPAD USING SAFARI BROWSER
- Tap the share button: the icon in the middle at the bottom of the screen.
- Then tap on the icon that says “Add to Home Screen”.
- You can choose the name and then tap “Add” which is in the top right of your screen.
ANDROID USING GOOGLE CHROME AS THE BROWSER
- Tap the 3 dots in the top right hand corner.
- Then tap the “Add to Home screen”
- Tap on the 3 dots in the right hand corner and then tap ‘open in internet explorer’.
- Tap copy link or share link, then tap on the “E” on your mobile home page.
- Click on 3 dots again and select pin to start.